Fall of the Mighty Episode 4&5 by Success Adegbite
Tugadar (@admin)
Community posts: 41
View Profile
Send Message

Fall of the Mighty
© Success Adegbite

Episode 4

David was confused already. " How?", he asked.
"Well, God showed me in a dream before I woke up this morning that something bad was going to happen to one child in my Sunday school class. I was in a hurry while going to church today, so, I did not pray about it. When I saw Joseph on the floor with blood gushing out of his head, I immediately knew that it was what God was trying to tell me in my dream. If I had prayed about it, it wouldn't have happen. So, it's my fault", Miss Becky said sadly.
" Wow, so, God can show you what would happen in the future in your dreams?", David asked.
" Yes", Miss Becky replied.
"I want God to show me things in my dream also. I want Him to talk to me like He did in the morning",
" Of course, He can. You just have to surrender your life to Him",
Miss Becky preached to David and led him to Christ. He gave his life to Jesus and his life never remained the same . Since then, he had been sold out for God. God used him to do exploits and he was deeply rooted in the word of God. His life was a completely different one and he never allowed his sister to be punished for anything he did wrong.
"In Jesus' name, I have prayed. Amen", David said as he got up from his knees and started preparing for school.
"Oh! It's seven o'clock already", He said to himself as he put his wrist watch on his wrist.
Suddenly, his mom burst into his room.
"Good morning, mom",
"David, how many times will I have to warn you about this excessive prayer of yours. Are you the only Christian? You prayed for more than two hours this morning, yesterday night, you also prayed for hours before going to bed. What is your problem? Are you the one going through all the problems in the world?", Mrs Ajayi said.
" Mom, It's good to be in the presence of God. There is no joy compare to the one I feel in my heart whenever I pray. Mom, you also read in your Bible that we should pray without ceasing. Mom, are you not happy that your son is now a good boy and spiritually sound?", David asked with a smile on his face.
" Of course, I'm happy. It's just that your prayers are too much. When will you get the time to read your books or do your homework or do the house chores",
" Mom, I understand where you are driving to. I'll manage everything together. My sweet mom ! My wonderful mommy! The best mom in the whole world!", David hailed and laughed.
Mrs Ajayi laughed also and said, " You always know how to get me smile even when I don't want to. Your food is in the kitchen. Be fast with what you are doing, so, that you won't be late for school".
" Mom, I'll eat when I come back from school", David said putting his school bag on his back.
" Don't tell me that you are fasting today also. Do you want to kill yourself? ",
" Mom, I"ll be fine. Nothing would happen to me . I'll be on my way now, mom. Love you", David said and got out of his room.
" This boy would not kill me", Mrs Ajayi said and moved to the kitchen.
David got to school through public transportation. Fortunately, he got to school early enough. He was about to enter his class when he heard someone call his name. It was his friend, Charles.
"David! David! Wait!", Charles called.
" Hey Charles. Good morning", David said the moment Charles got to where he was.
"Morning David. I saw you when you were entering the school compound. I called you, but, you didn't hear me", Charles said catching his breath.
" I'm sorry about that. How are you doing this morning?"
"I'm fine, thank you. David, can I have a word with you before you enter the class? ", Charles asked.
" Sure", David answered and they both walked to a quiet place.
"David, I had a dream about you before I woke up this morning", Charles said .
" What was the dream about? ", David asked.
"We were both running together on a field. Suddenly you fell down, I stretched my hands towards you to help you get up, but, you didn't take my hands. You refused to get up. I kept urging you to get up, but, you didn't"
" That's really a bad dream", David said.
" Yes, it is",
" Did you pray for me when you woke up? "
" Of course I did. But, I still need to urge you, be very careful in everything you do. Don't lay your hands on anything that can make you fall. The devil is very cunny. Remember what the Bible says, 'Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall '. You also need to be extremely careful and vigilant. 'Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour'
That's my advice to you, David".
David heaved a sigh and said, " Thank you very much, Charles. You are more than a friend, you are a brother. I'll be extremely careful. Thanks bro".
" You are welcome. Is the fellowship going to hold today?"
A year after David got born again, he started a student fellowship in his school . He was inspired by the Holy Spirit to start the fellowship. He asked for permission from a teacher in his school and he was allowed to organize the fellowship. He invited his friends and classmates and they worshipped God and prayed together. They came together every Wednesday after closing hours and the presence of God had really been with them. God was touching the heart of many people through the fellowship. He was also performing miracles, signs and wonders in the life of many. The numbers of students in the fellowship increased weekly. No one who had ever attended the fellowship before liked to miss the program . Everyone wanted to be a partaker of God's blessings.
"Sure. The fellowship would hold today by God's grace", David replied .
" Okay then", Charles said.
They walked together into the class. As they got to the class, they saw their class mates gathering together looking at something. Many were shouting, "She has fainted"
David dropped his bag on his seat and moved to the scene. Charles didn't bother to drop his bag, he rushed to see who the others were looking at.
David got to the scene and squeezed himself into the crowd to see who the students were all looking at. It was Esther, the girl whose seat was next to his seat in the class. She was lying unconsciously on the floor.
"What happened?", David asked.

To be continued......
Through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Fall of the Mighty
© Success Adegbite

Episode 5

"What happened?", David shouted.
Nobody answered him. Some students were pouring sachet water on Esther's body to revive her. Someone rushed to inform a teacher. David moved away from where everyone was gathered and went to his seat. He started searching for answers from the Holy Spirit.
"I learnt she was walking around the class this morning when she suddenly fell down and fainted", Charles said interrupting David's thoughts.
" Charles, do you think this is ordinary. I have a feeling in my spirit that there is more to this", David said.
" Maybe you are right. So, what do you suggest we do?", Charles asked.
" Keep praying for her in the class, while I go to the war field", David said standing up from his seat.
Charles already understood what he meant by "war field".
"Are you with your whole armour, David?"
"Sure", David replied.
" Okay then, I'll join you with my prayers. I pray the lecture doesn't start before you return"
" I pray so too. See you later", David said and moved out of the class.
He walked to the back of the library, it was an isolated part of the school.
The place was very neat and clean, thanks to the school cleaners. Also, beautiful flowers were grown uniformly in that place.
David looked around and saw no one . He went on his knees instantly.
"King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Ancient of Days, Lion of the tribe of Judah, The I am that I am, Father of the Fatherless, Bright and Morning Star, The Beginning and End, Rose of Sharon, Lily of the Valley, Invisible and Immortal God, I thank you because whenever I call upon you, you answer my prayers.
I come before your presence this morning to intercede on behalf of Esther. Please, arise and fight for her. Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered, let them also that hate him flee before him", David prayed keeping his voice low.
Suddenly he found himself in another realm.
He saw someone who was old enough to be Esther's mother tying Esther to a tree. The woman was dressed in a black and red clothe.
"What are you doing here?", The woman shouted when he saw David.
"I'm here to deliver Esther from you by the power of God ", David replied.
" This is not your business. She is my possession", The woman said angrily
" No, she is not your possession. Psalms 24 : 1 ; The Earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world and THEY that dwell therein", David said emphasizing the word " they".
" Who are you", The woman asked.
"Actually, who I am is not your business. But, if you care to know, I am a child of God. Isaiah 61 : 1 ; The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound".
So, who are you?", David asked in return.
" I am a member of the strongest witch group in this city. I'm also Esther's step mom."
" Then, why do you want to end Esther's life", David asked fearlessly.
" Esther's father married me a year after Esther's mom died. I gave birth to a male child for Esther's father two years ago. I had no problem with Esther and I treated her just like my own child until one day when I came across Esther father's will. In his will, he stated that 80% of his properties should be given to Esther when he dies and 10% to his relatives and the remaining 10% to me and my son. I told my fellow witches about it and they told me to end her life",
" Well, I would not allow you to end her life", David said.
" Young boy, where did you get this courage. I just told you that I am a witch and you are still not afraid", The woman said.
David smiled and replied, " God did not give me the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind . I'm not afraid of you. Psalms 27 : 1 ; The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid:"
" Young boy, you can not stop me from killing Esther", The woman said as she tied Esther harder to the tree.
"Philippians 4 : 13 ; I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. I can stop you in the name of Jesus ",
The woman shook vigorously at the mention of the name of Jesus and managed to say, "Don't carry someone's else load on your head and carry your own with your hands. If you stop me, you are going to regret it".
" There is no regret for me. Philippians 2 :9 - 11 ; Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow of things in heaven and things in earth and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. In the name Jesus, I command you to lose your power over Esther. Henceforth, she is no longer under your bondage. She is set free in Jesus's name",
" Arrrrrgh! Awwwwww!", The woman cried in agony. " Yo.... You wi....wi......will regret this", She stammered.
"Go away from here in Jesus' name", David commanded. The woman disappeared immediately.
"Thank you Jesus. Thank you God", David said as soon as she saw that the woman was gone.
He moved towards Esther who was tied to the tree. Esther was looking numb, expressionless.
"Esther, you are set free in the name of Jesus. John 8 : 36 ; If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. Whatsoever I bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever I loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven because Jesus has given me the keys of the kingdom of heaven", David prayed and the rope used to tie Esther loosed by itself.
"Jesus, you have done it again. Thank you Lord", David said.
Immediately, he was out of that realm. He opened his eyes and saw that he was at the back of the library where he was before.
"Thank you Lord. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Holy Spirit. In Jesus's name I have prayed. Amen", David said
" Oh my God! I have spent more than an hour here", David said looking at his wrist watch as he rose from his knees. He hurriedly moved to the class.
He was surprised by what he saw when he got to the class.

To be continued.......
Through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

19 days ago